Friday, May 10, 2013

The Unchained Oysters



The Unchained Oysters live on the beach in Detroit, circa 1985.
"The Unchained Oysters was the toughest band when I was growing up in Detroit. Two girls, vocals and very loud electric guitar. Their most popular song was "Don't Lie to me Fat Fuck". During the summer we used to go see them play on the beach. The guitarist played an old battered Silvertone Stratotone model that sounded like she was skinning a cat. She was the meanest of the two. Gave me a black eye once for "making eyes at her girlfriend". She used to go around with a brick in her purse, that kind of girl. I don't know what happened to them and sometimes I wonder where they are now. I remember lying on the beach in Detroit and watching the sun set behind the refineries, the black smokestacks, the grey palm trees, and listening to The Unchained Oysters."

No comments:

Post a Comment